Cuvée is a luxury travel and lifestyle brand with an international collection of exclusively owned and managed residences in the most sought-after destinations in the world. Each home owned or managed by Cuvée has a Destination Manager (DM) team that is dedicated to the guests to curate personalized experiences. Cuvée collects surveys from over 98% of guests and receives a 4.96 out of 5 stars in the five key areas measured, which is the highest satisfaction rating in the industry. Cuvée has grown at 50% for the last several years, and has the potential to dramatically increase this growth.
Scope & Responsibilities
Cuvée is looking to add a dynamic, technology-enabled, and effective Staff Accountant to our team. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The focus will be on ensuring that bills, related payments, AR receipts, and cash transactions/fund transfers are recorded in a timely manner, completely and accurately to ensure up-to-date financial reporting, cash positions, and working capital reports. Reports to be reviewable on a daily basis by management and that a timely monthly close is achievable (by 15th of each month).
Reporting to the Controller, the desired outcomes of the position are as follows:
- ALL employee expense reports for the prior month are submitted by the 6th business day of each month and the account categorization, location, assigned departments, projects, and/or classes is 98% accurate
- Credit card accounts are reconciled by the 8th business day of the month
- All AP bills received via email, mail or directly into the Bill.com inbox are reviewed, appropriately coded for accounts, locations, projects, departments and/or customers and assigned to the appropriate people for approval with 95% accuracy
- Ensure invoices are paid on time by receipt of the above methods and/or by login into different accounts
- Assist in creating and maintaining written AP policy and procedures, including but not limited to maintaining vendor login information
- Assist in training other departments in cloud-based accounting tools
- Respond (within 1 business day) to inquiries from coworkers and outside parties
- Complete Profit and Loss reconciliations at month-end; flux analysis
- Monitor and track transaction volume
- All cash transactions (A/P payments, A/R reciepts, etc.) are recorded completely, on a timely basis (within 1 business day), and with 99% accuracy with appropriate supporting documentation
- Managing cloud-based accounting tools Expensify and Bill.com to research and address syncing issues
- May require additional assistance – evening/weekends/holidays during busy times
- 2+ Years experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Self starter with ability to excel in a fast paced and customer oriented environment
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Preferred experience on one or all of the following systems: Sage Intacct or another advanced financial management system, Bill.com, and Expensify
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Strong and proactive communicator
- Strong moral and ethical character
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Open to constructive criticism
- High standards
- Sense of urgency
In order for your resume to be considered, the following questions must be answered:
- What are your career goals?
- What do you believe are the most important factors in building and sustaining a good team?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- Give an example of when you initiated something new or improved a process or project with little input or guidance?
- Give an example of a time when you failed/struggled with an assignment? How did you overcome the assignment? And what would you have done differently?
- Annual Salary of $40,000 to $60,000
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401(k)