This is an important policy – please read it carefully.
Personal information we collect
We may collect your personal information when you visit this website. You may be asked to provide personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. If you apply for a job through our online career center portal, we will collect your contact information, as well as job history and any other personal information you include in your resume and application package. We may ask for additional personal information for certain tasks or services. When we do so, we will tell you why we are collecting that personal information and how we will use it.
We also automatically collect certain information through automated means when you visit this website. Some information that we automatically collect, whether alone or combined with other information, could be personal information. We may automatically collect the following information from you when you visit this website:
- Information about your device;
- Information about your device’s operating system;
- Information about your browser;
- Information about how you use the website;
- IP address;
- Mobile or Internet carrier;
- Browser type; and
- Referring URL.
Uses and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used or disclosed in the following ways:
- For the specific purpose for which your personal information was collected;
- To enable us to process, validate, and verify your subscription;
- To provide our products and services;
- To alert you to new projects, website features, special events, and services;
- To conduct surveys or questionnaires about this website and our products and services;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To protect our rights or property or our safety, our members, or others;
- To comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
- To transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets, or other organizational restructuring;
- To monitor and evaluate the website and identify where we should make changes or expand services;
- To provide advertisers with aggregate – never individual – information about our subscriber base and usage patterns;
- To give our marketing and development staff information that’s useful for developing new features and services that meet subscriber needs;
- To share data with our affiliated companies for joint marketing and other purposes; and
- To share data with nonaffiliated third parties who provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Managing your personal information
You can correct, update, or remove your personal information if it changes or if you no longer want to receive information from us. This can be done by emailing a request to us at email@example.com. You may also request deletion of your personal information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookie technology and advertising
We use cookie technology on this website to make this website work and to provide us information about how you use this website. When you use this website, we pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer by a website when you visit. Read our cookie disclosure statement and view a cookie-by-cookie breakdown.
Third party websites
Consumers in the European Union
We will only process your personal information when we have a legal basis to do so. When we do process your personal information, we will do so with your consent or because the processing is necessary: for the performance of a contract with you; to comply with our legal obligations; to pursue our legitimate interests; or to establish or defend a legal claim.
In some circumstances, data subjects in the European Union have certain rights regarding their personal information. These rights may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal information; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal information; and (iii) the right to data portability. If you are a European data subject and wish to exercise one of the above-mentioned rights, please send us your request via email to: email@example.com. We may ask you to provide personal information about yourself so that we can verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 30 days from the date we receive the request. We may not be able to accommodate your request in every situation, and if that is the case, we will let you know why. We may charge you an administrative fee for subsequent requests.
Data subjects in the European Union may also have the right to file a complaint about the processing of their personal information with their local data protection authority.
We do not subject data subjects to decisions that have legal effects on them due solely to automated processing of personal data.
Consumers outside of the United States
This website is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are visiting this website from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
We are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust and we take steps to help protect the personal information you provide to us. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
This website is not directed toward children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not use this website or submit any personally identifiable information to us. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we have collected personal information from a child.
Your California privacy rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits California residents to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.