Ultra-Luxury ExperienceLuxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne). Land Rover safaris, mountain biking and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide. Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover Safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests, 2 vehicles for 9-12 guests)
- Walking safaris
- Mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
Reminiscent of an African farmhouse, Singita Castleton, situated in the Sabi Sand, presents relaxed and understated interiors imbued with nostalgic references that capture the spirit and history of the original camp. Tartans, ticking stripes and faded botanical-print fabrics complement leather, wood and wicker furniture, lending a rustic but chic simplicity to the lodge. Many of the antiques and original furnishings have been recycled or re-fashioned, adding authenticity to comforting living spaces that extend outdoors onto deep, furnished verandas overlooking tree-shaded lawns and a swimming pool. Beyond this restful view is a watering hole where animals gather to drink.
An intimate lodge, Castleton is designed for private use with its own staff, guide and tracker to provide a highly personalized luxury African safari experience. The main house is complemented by six individual cottages, a fully equipped gym overlooking a tennis court, a spa treatment room, wine cellar and country-style kitchen.
Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse, with the added benefit of extensive high-end facilities, including a vast garden, swimming pool, wine cellar, gym, tennis court and spa treatment room.
Guests can relax together in the courtyard, gather around the traditional ‘boma’ or meet in the country-style kitchen, yet the individual cottages allow guests to retreat to the privacy of their own space as and when it’s needed. All of this is overlooking a waterhole where animals regularly gather to drink.
Accommodation & Services
- There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland.
- There is a private gym available.
- Private tennis court with tennis pavilion.
- Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun.
- A spa treatment room and in room treatments are available for guests.
- Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house.
- Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole.
- Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker.
- Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- For the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
- Kosher and Halaal is available at Singita Castleton at an additional charge – please book in advance.