Singita’s Ebony Lodge, located on the Sand River, is a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and luxury bush lodge style. Inspired by the romance and adventure of tented camps, explorers’ abodes and campaign furniture, Ebony’s interiors are enhanced by the lustre of well-polished ebony and mahogany woods and natural fibers in cool tones.
All this is brought to life by the rich, golden glow of old brass, hand-woven baskets, traditional khaki and beige tent canvas and exposed thatch.
The lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool.
External walls have been almost completely removed and replaced by canvas and glass to create new safari tent-style suites to maximize views and space, and allow guests to be immersed in nature. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended off the river banks as if hanging in the trees.Additional Information
Singita Ebony Lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool. Interiors feature curated still-life collections of antiques and artifacts, as well as vintage campaign furniture from the Bailes family collection.
Materials like wood, iron, steel and aged bonze hark back to the 19th century, along with oversized sepia photography, glamorous leopard and zebra print upholstery that complements bold graphic tribal patterned murals. Internal and external walls have been replaced by canvas and glass to create safari tent-style suites to maximise views and space.
The entire front wall of each suite between the bedroom and the veranda is made of glass allowing light to flood in. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended above the river banks as if hanging from the trees. A beautiful marble and cast iron table is the furniture centerpiece for this concept – it is a traveller’s desk with smart tools, a private dining room table for entertaining or a bar to enjoy an evening gin & tonic in one.
- 8 x Suites ideal for singles and couples traveling together. One inter-leading unit is available for groups traveling together.
- 2 x Lewis Suites ideal for families with teenage children. The suites are right next to each other and within close proximity to the main lodge area.
- 2 x Family Suites ideal for families with small children. The family suites include an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin bedroom as well as a dining and lounge veranda area with a stone fireplace, and a private viewing deck with heated plunge pool.
- 1 x Villa comprises the two Family Suites with access to an additional private lounge, swimming pool and deck area, which connects these two individual suites. Ebony Villa will includes a private guide and vehicle, chef, host and banakeli (personal waiter). There is a private entrance and boma, so small groups searching for complete seclusion will be at ease. The Ebony Villa is suited to up to four adults and four children under 12 years, or up to six adults and teenagers.
Note: Children of all ages are welcome.
Six Star Services
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and gym facilities are available.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique.
- There is a television available in the library at the main lodge.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.