When you combine the craftsmanship of an impeccable course with the natural artistry of the landscape, and stellar on-course hospitality, you get a distinctive experience – golf Cuvée-style. Experience the best golf courses in the world paired with a standard of excellence that brings a whole new definition to ‘luxury.’
From the shores of the Pacific Ocean perfectly framing the Four Seasons Hualalai Golf Course in Kona to the Rocky Mountain backdrop of Red Sky in Vail, Colorado, our favorite destinations are also home to our favorite rounds of 18.
The Best Golf Courses in Tuscany
The largest golf course in the region, where the climate allows for almost year-round play, Castelfalfi was built using sustainable practices. Officially verified with golf’s international eco-label, GEO Certified™, the topography is totally natural, giving each fairway its own character. You’ll play surrounded by the unspoiled beauty of the Italian countryside, in view of a medieval Borgo with a centerpiece castle dating back to the 12th century. The view alone is enough to make it one of the best golf courses in the world.
- Experienced players are challenged by the 18 Hole Mountain Course: 27 Holes | Par 72 | 6,351 meters
- Beginners can try their luck on the Lake Course: 9 Holes | Par 37 | 3,171 meters
- Includes tee grounds and a driving range
One of the most attractive golf courses in Italy, Castiglion del Bosco is part of a 4,000-acre Tuscan estate, an hour south of Florence. The golf course was designed in 1973 by golf champion Tom Weiskopf and is set across beautiful rolling fields within the UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia Natural Park region. Experience one of the longest holes in Europe (hole 13), measuring 685 yards, par 5.
- 18 Holes | Par 72 |6,454 meters
- Includes driving range, putting green, and chipping area to perfect your game
A golf club rich in heritage and tradition, in the very heart of Chianti country, Ugolino is one of the birthplaces of Italian golf, operating since 1933. The front-nine swoops up and down through the cypress clad hills, challenging guests to shape their shots to hold the fairways. The back-nine are straighter, but just as enjoyable, as you play over elevated plateaus, offering both some scoring opportunities and stunning views of the Tuscan vistas over Chiantishire.
- 18 Holes | Par 72 | 5,672 meters
- Overall, a shorter course that demands a high degree of skill, designed by Cecil Blandford, Peter Gannon, and Piero Mancinelli
The Argentario Golf Resort, which hosts some of the most important golf tournaments in Italy, features immersive views of the sea with surroundings of lush Mediterranean vegetation. The course has been awarded the “Agri Cert” certification for its bio eco-compatibility. Breathe in the panoramic views while honing your accuracy and power with every swing.
- 18 Holes | Par 71 | 6,218 meters
- The course and driving range were inaugurated in 2006, designed by David Mezzacane, Baldovino Dassù, and Brian Jorgensen, for a varied, spectacular and technically challenging course
The Best Golf Course in Hawaii
Located at the Four Seasons Hualalai Resort, the Jack Nicklaus signature Hualalai Golf Course combines true rolling greens and direct seaside holes with the challenging landscape of volcanic terrain. The course also provides other golf activities including a nine-acre driving range with a chipping and short game practice area, two sand bunkers and a putting green, as well as dramatic night golfing.
- 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,100 yards
- 4 tee locations at each hole
The Best Golf Courses in Colorado
At Red Sky, private members and resort guests alternate between Tom Fazio and Greg Norman-designed courses, both with an authentic mountain feel and native vegetation, and both Audubon Cooperative Sanctuaries, a certification program that helps protect the environment and preserve the natural heritage of the game of golf. The double courses also offer double driving ranges and double clubhouses, where unparalleled service and attention to detail make you feel like a member, even for a day.
- Norman: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,580 yards | Elevation 7,880 feet
- Fazio: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,113 yards | Elevation 7,650 feet
The incredibly picturesque and high performing Club at Cordillera has four courses—Valley, Mountain, Summit and Short—each with unique characteristics and elevation, and designed by greatest names in the world of golf: Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin. Managed by Troon Prive, overseeing a global portfolio of private clubs, Cordillera also offers full swing clinics and junior classes.
- Mountain Course: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,413 yards
- Summit Course: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,530 yards
- Valley Course: 18 Holes | Par 71 | 7,005 yards
- Short Course: Par 27 | 1,257 yards, with challenging holes and uneven designed tee boxes: 90 percent of golf shots in 25 percent of the time.
Maroon Creek Golf Course, incredibly scenic with a stellar set of par 3 holes, was originally designed by Tom Fazio who has more designs on the various “Top 100” and “Best Of” lists than any other living American golf course architect and still oversees much of the work. In 2006, revisions under Dennis Wise updated the course bunkering and reshaped the sand traps, adding to the playability of the course.
- 18 Holes | Par 70 | 7,110 yards
- 7 sets of tees for different skills
Just minutes from downtown Aspen this award-winning course is perfectly positioned in the heart of the Rockies, with water features on nearly every hole of the course. Offering breathtaking views of numerous surrounding mountains, passes, and valleys, this course is also a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary.
- 18 holes | Par 71 | 7,165 yards
- Designed with a Parkland style, defined by undulating greens with water coming into play on 14 of the 18 holes
The Best Golf Courses in Los Cabos
Two 18-hole courses and a 40,000 square foot clubhouse in Mexican Colonial architecture make Cabo Del Sol an extraordinary course to play. With over 1 mile of oceanfront, including 7 incredible ocean holes, the signature is its 17th hole, a par-3 with a landscape of cacti and boulders perched above a craggy cove, for an intriguing mix of seaside and desert golf.
- Ocean Course: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,111 yards. Jack Nicklaus’ masterpiece and one of the Top 100 golf courses in the world according to Golf Digest
- Desert Course: 18 Holes | Par 72 | 7,049 yards | Designed by Tom Weiskopf
Located within a 2220-acre resort at the tip of the Baja California Peninsula, Puertos Los Cabos is a unique 27-hole property with three different 18-hole combinations. Their championship courses—two Jack Nicklaus Signature and one Greg Norman Signature—have distinctive layouts and dramatic elevation changes showcasing the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains, a UNESCO designated biosphere reserve and one of least-explored areas of the peninsula. Experience the distinct design philosophies of masters Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, and stop to enjoy the local food and craft beverages at the fully-staffed culinary palapa on each course.
- The Nicklaus I Course: 9 Holes | Par 36 | 3,578 yards
- The Nicklaus II Course: 9 Holes | Par 36 | 3,436 yards
- Greg Norman Signature Mission Course: 9 Holes | Par 36 | 3,590 yards
The Best Golf Courses in Palm Desert
Rated one of the “Top 100 Courses” by GOLF Magazine (2016-2017) and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America” (2007), this course is sure to impress. Designed by Pete Dye, Stadium delivers multiple adrenaline rushes throughout and was inspired by Scottish links-style courses. If the awards aren’t storied enough, a round of 18 will make it clear why this is one of the best golf courses in the world.
- 18 holes | Par 76 | 7,300 yards
- Attracts all skill levels with 5 sets of tees
Located in Indio, California – this top golf course, positioned amidst the desert sand and surrounding mountains, is a place of majesty. Designed by Schmidt-Curley, Inc., adding a “Whale-Tail” feature to many of the bunkers, you’ll get an interesting look from the tee and for your approach shot to the greens. This world-class golf experience provides both stunning aesthetics and strategic challenge for a thrilling game of golf.
- 18 Holes | Par 71 | 6,789 yards
- The practice facility offers two tee levels, a short-game practice area, and a private practice area for group and one-on-one lessons