Royal Island is a secluded island oasis in the Bahamas, about 40 miles northeast of Nassau. Admittedly, you could get away with only packing a swimsuit and wiling the days away on the beach and exploring Royal Island’s crystal-clear blue waters. But, if you’re an overachieving packer (like us), we’ve prepared a packing list of luxe essentials for island life.
For Royal Beach Relaxation
Feel at ease as you lounge and play on your own personal stretch of white sand beach. With reef-safe sunscreen and a game of Brazilian Frescobol, you’ll find balance where play-time meets relaxation.
- Sunscreen: Raw Elements Biodegradable ocean-friendly sunscreen
- Towel: Skova Travel Towel
- Sunglasses: Women’s LOEWE round-frame Calfskin sunglasses, men’s Thom Browne mirrored sunglasses
- Scuba Mask: ScubaPro Trinidad Combo snorkeling duo
For Dinner at the Melanie Beach Club
What to wear may be the least of your concerns on Royal Island, but if you’re planning for a blissful dinner under the stars, we have a handful of beach-meets-chic attire suggestions.
- Sandals: Stuart Weitzman Lexia suede espadrille wedge sandals
- Espadrilles: MULO Suede Espadrilles
- Dress: Zimmermann Wayfarer wrap skirt dress
- Earrings: Oscar de la Renta Clam Shell earrings
- Shirt: Tommy Bahama Sand Linen Stripe Shirt
- Shave kit: Lorenzi Milano Travelling shaving set
For a Private Workout Session
Work up a sweat in the studio overlooking the water or train on the scenic sand path around the island. We’ll even meet you with a green juice when you finish your workout.
- Tech: Bang & Olfusen Beoplay E8 wireless earphones
- Workout Gear: VAARA Jaime Two Tone tank and Flo Tuxedo Legging, 2XU XCTRL compression lined shorts
- Shoes: Women’s APL Ascend sneakers, ARC’TERYX Norvan SL Mesh training shoe
- Skincare: Tata Harper Apricot Resurfacing Mask
For Island Hopping
A day trip excursion calls for a few essentials for exploring the surrounding islands, whether you’re swimming with pigs on Max Patch or touring Harbour Island’s charming beach town.
- Travel Bag: Clare V. Alice woven sisal straw bag, Sealand Jammie upcycled tote
- Water Bottle: Hyrdro Flask Insulated water bottle
- Portable charger: ToughTested 8,000mAh Solar Power Bank
- Camera: Underwater travel camera Olympus Tough TG-5
- Skincare: Aesop Protective Body Lotion SPF50
For Lounging Poolside
Dip your toes in the pool while staying hydrated with fresh island coconut water. With a book in one hand and the ocean view on the horizon, you’ll feel completely carefree.