Making Magic by Moving Mountains
Colorado’s spectacular mountain vistas, towering evergreens, and fresh mountain air add up to a Cuvée storybook setting. And from snowy days and starry nights to the lamp-lit streets of picturesque pedestrian villages, Cuvée keeps you close to the heart of it all, while still providing ample privacy and breathing room. With true ski-in and ski-out access from our penthouses at The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch to our all-new Avanti, the only private standalone home at the base of Gondola One, you’ll be back home before the glowing fireplace in minutes for an evening of après down-time. But Colorado means so much more than skiing, with plenty of other outdoor adventures as well as mountain-inspired wellness rituals to transform mind, body, and spirit.
Experience Curator: Maria Sanchez-Arriola
With an energy that lights up any room, Maria Sanchez-Arriola is just the person you want welcoming you into your Art of Discovery experience. A passionate Vail resident, she knows the ups and downs and all-around’s of this unique mountain life, making it extra special for our Cuvée clients in the Vail Valley.
Day One: Welcome
- A Warm Cuvée Welcome: Our regional expert and certified sommelier Cuvée Chef Jordan is on hand to welcome you with a kick off reception, followed by an in-villa dinner sourced from Colorado farms and ranches to let true Rocky Mountain flavors shine through. Add incredible, boutique wines from the Cuvée cellar plus a cozy roaring fire and you’re off to a magical start.
Day Two: Slopestyle
- Day: The Cuvée-curated skiing experience starts with a bespoke fitting in your villa. And after we get you perfectly outfitted, right down to helmets, you’ll spend the day on the slopes with your own private ski instructor who will customize lessons according to skill levels.
- Evening: That evening, snuggle under blankets for a Clydesdale horse-drawn sleigh ride to a private dinner at the beautifully restored Bearcat Cabin, Vail Valley’s historic homesteading cabin from the early 20th century. Sip your favorite winter wonderland drink as you move along the moonlit way.
Day Three: Adventure
- Day: Ride the Continental Divide with our expert snowmobilers for some of the best panoramic views on beautiful backcountry trails. Under their expert tutelage, even first timers can explore this sport in an authentic way, and then enjoy a private lunch inside our atmospheric and traditional mountain yurt.
- Evening: Later that night, you’ll be ready for a satisfying Rocky Mountain Raclette dinner, served in your villa. A landmark dish of the Swiss Alps, the melted cheese is scrapped from a full wheel of Raclette over arrangements of cooked and cured local game meats, fish, vegetables, and potatoes, the perfect end to a snowy day.
Day Four: Incredible
- Day: For those who feel daring, our guides will accompany you on an ice-climbing adventure as you scale vertical sculptures of frozen mountain river water. And with nature as the sculptor, no two climbs are ever alike.
- Evening: Even if you didn’t climb, you still earned a dinner in the private dining room at Vail icon, Matsuhisa. Get ready for a delicious and intimate evening starring their famed sashimi and that legendary Black Cod with Miso.
Day Five: Colorado Authenticity
- Day: Ski the slopes in the morning and spend the afternoon ice fishing for endless trout on the Colorado River. Pick up some pointers through our wranglers, and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings including heated boats and the local flavor favorite of an Elk Chili lunch.
- Evening: Take the snow cat—or snowshoe as a great way to continue connecting with nature –to one of our favorite on-mountain dining experiences, Zach’s Cabin, a stone and timber lodge, known for its award-winning wine cellar.
Day Six: Culinary
- Day: Spend the day skiing and come back to your chalet for an après-ski experience in quintessential Cuvée style, replete with hot toddies, hors d’oeuvres, sweets, and champagne
- Evening: Your closing Vail dinner for this trip is a cozy comfort meal at home, from pizza making to hands-on interactive cooking experiences with Chef Jordan who has a menu plan for every taste.
Day Seven: Farewell
- Day: Hit the slopes for some feel-good vertical feet before we say goodbye.